Today we got to see Dr. Jones for our appointment before updosing. We love Jennifer, his PA, but it is fun to see him occasionally too. It was actually a good thing, because I had questions for him about getting things set up for school. Laura was sad to learn that it would be ok for her to still get her DPT booster while doing peanut desensitization. She was REALLY hoping he would say no! We also learned that he still wants us to keep all the same precautions at school as we always have. No changes yet. That will come later. No one is at the school yet, but since we have new administration, I need to get in and have some serious conversations with them as soon as they are back at the school.
This last week, Laura appeared to be getting a cold. It is the first time in my life EVER that I TEXTED a Dr. for a stuffy nose. For real? If Dr. Jones only knew how hard it is for me to text him for everything, I am sure he would laugh. I am not used to checking in with a Dr. for every little thing. I HATE to bother him, but I know that it is what he wants, so we do it! Because of her symptoms, we actually down-dosed Laura's dose that night. When the immune system is busy fighting off illness, it is best to not challenge it with the peanut too. By morning Laura's nose was a lot better, but she was obviously still losing her voice. Luckily, this wasn't enough to hold us up much and we were right back at 175 mg. So....we still got to updose on schedule. YAY!!
So....today was 250 mg of peanut protein. Laura has come a LONG WAY! It is amazing that her body has been able to slowly change and accommodate to handle this! It is an AMAZING process.
We are SOO grateful that Dr. Jones has taken on OIT and is helping Laura through this incredible journey.
After our appointment today, we (Seth, Laura, and I) headed to the new museum at Thanksgiving Point. The Museum of Natural Curiosity. I found this to be somewhat similar to the OMSI museum in Oregon. It is a super fun! The kids LOVED it. The only problem was that it was a MADHOUSE!!! And it was super hot in there! I guess that only goes to show that it was a super fun place and that SLC could definitely use it here! Here are a few pictures of some of our fun today.
| wind tunnel! |
| Making their own power. We need this for our TV :-) |
| Playing drums |
| They have always LOVED theatre! |
| Seth LOVED the bank. |
No comments:
Post a Comment